Re: Requests, replies, HTTP messages.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 08:22:49 +0800

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 19:33 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > http://wiki.squid-cache.org/RequestQueues
> >
> > Just thinking about how to handle processing HTTP requests, replies and
> > HTTP messages after my initial storework modifications. This stuff would
> > lead itself to look like "clientstreams" but with all the messages
> > abstracted out. It'd make it much easier to stuff processing in the middle.
>
> IIRC, we have discussed similar ideas at the dawn of Squid3. I still
> believe that the "post the request and have the Request Resolution
> Engine orchestrate the next processing step" design has its merits.
> However, do you really think that implementing such a huge change is now
> practical?

Its not something that I'm slating to put into squid-2 or squid-3 in their
current forms. I'll prototype it a whole lot more before I decide to build
something in the existing codebase.

I've also posted possible client and server flows, ie:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/NewClientSide
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/NewServerSide

Adrian