Re: Download time issue: Squid 2.6

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:24:04 +0200

Thomas-Martin Seck wrote:

> That's tricky -- I'd love to give FreeBSD users a somewhat well defined
> way to use Squid+ICAP but it seems I am out on a limb here.

The icap patch for squid has 1-2 known bugs which in some cases causes
crashes to squid.

> If the patch is not developed further, it should be not too difficult
> for me to adapt it against changes in 2.6; it has been rather hard to
> tell the changes in functionality from the changes in the Squid code
> base.

What do you think about squid3? In the past many OS distributions
included squid3 (with the notice that it is pre-release).
It has a good icap client, with support for ftp protocol and supports
preview in request modification (squid2-icap does not).
I think that the new pre-release will take less than a month to released.

Regards,
   Christos