Re: DEBUG Section for IPAddress

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:58:53 +1200

Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 23:59 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> I have so far not placed any permanent debug statements in the IPAddress
>> object.
>> It's come about time I should be making some more permanent ones and so
>> need a section number. Is there some method I don't know yet for
>> assigning a unique level or do I just pick an unused number and write it in?
>
> If you have not received better instructions yet, just use the next
> unused number for the debug section and add it to your file(s) prefix
> just like most other source files do.
>
> The stale doc/debug-sections.txt is (or should be) generated based on
> the source code. Do not update that file unless you are willing to
> freshen it up first.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex.

Thank you Alex,
   No I have not received any further instructions and assumed that was
the best action to take. I picked level 36, but that turns out to be
cache dir processing and I expect its in use own another branch.

If by 'freshen up' you mean rebuild the file from source using a grep of
the source files headers for "DEBUG section" and a manual massage. I did
that earlier before seeing the doc/ file. The update patch resulting is
attached.

FYI to all: IP Handling will join IP Cache in section 14, unless there
are any objections by easter.

Amos