Re: IPv6 developments for HEAD

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:08:39 -0600

On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 01:17 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Guido Serassio wrote:
> > You can try to run astyle on your sources,
> > http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Squid3CodingGuidelines.
> > Currently astyle formatting is not enforced on the Squid 3 HEAD CVS
> > repository for some "formatting side effects", but for a new file could
> > be a good cosmetic thing to do before commit.
> >

> Great, I had read the (old) requirement for indent 1.9. But have been
> unable to find a version earlier than 2.1 for my system. astyle at least
> is one I have.

Last time I tried astyle, it created more problems than it solved. It
may be OK for some simple files, but it made mane Squid sources look
ugly and even marginally misleading, IMO. Please apply with care and
double check the results.

Formatting by hand also creates problems, of course.

Some day I will write a perfect astyle replacement :-/.

Alex.