Re: How to find Http reply message in Squid source code?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 13:54:03 +0200

sön 2007-07-08 klockan 09:21 -0700 skrev JXu:
> Hi,
>
> The project I am working is try to find Http reply message. If a Http
> session formed by all these Http reply messages contains virus or something
> like that, we need to block all these messages. This is why I try to use
> Squid.

This is best done via ICAP.

ICAP support is available in Squid-3.

> I guess the code should be somewhere in httpReadReply, httpAppendBody in
> http.c or fwdComplete in forward.c.
> Please note an Http session consists of many reply messages, I expect Squid
> can hold all these messages. After a Http session is done, the develop can
> do something in these message, and decide if we need to block message.

Squid does not hold up replies. It sends them to the client as soon as
there is some part of the reply available.

But an ICAP server plugged in to Squid-3 can do this, and would also
work with pretty much any other HTTP proxy around..