Re: what about Armenian error pages?

From: <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:10:48 +1200 (NZST)

> ons 2007-07-18 klockan 08:39 -0700 skrev Arthur Tumanyan:
>
>> > for example ERR_CONNECT_FAIL doesn't mention the requested server
>> (%I),
>> > and several pages don't include the mailto link where the English one
>> > do..
>> >
>> > and similar errors seem to be in other pages as well.
>
>> Well,is there a way to solve this problem?
>
> A second reading, comparing the English to the Armenian pages, by a
> person being able to read both languages.. and then fix the mismatches.
>
> I can only do some very simple automated compares, like making sure the
> same % codes is used in each page..
>
> Armenian/ERR_ACCESS_DENIED %w mismatch (found , expected 2)
> Armenian/ERR_CONNECT_FAIL %I mismatch (found , expected 1)

It looks to me like squid is doing translation the hard way and hit the
natural consequence for it.

What I think we should be doing here is having a 'dictionary' for each
langauge containing a list of each unique sentence needed. Last time I
wrote a translation system like this with mostly similar output, I found
it easier to create a multiple dictionaries and insert them at build time
into the pages, With a default language if any sentence was missing
(allows for expansion in absence of translators).
It kept the level of expertise needed in language translators to a minimum
and kept the page layout and styles in one location.

Would be a nice beginner project if you want to go ahead with it.

Amos