Re: dnsserver

From: <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:20:06 +1200 (NZST)

> Hi!

Hey rafael. Welcome back.

> I was playing with squid3-ipv6 branch two years ago, and I eventually I
> got a
> IPv6/IPv6 proxy.
> I have taken an eye on Amos' work, and I can see a big effort I would
> never
> have achieved . I was not so skilled as him on squid3 (event-driven model,
> etc...).
>
> Among others, you replace the gethosbyname by getaddrinfo(), the
> rigthway..
>
> No I'm back. I'm a bit more stronger with network protocols...
>
> Could I contribute under your managment and supervision?

Most certainly. Right now we are stuck in a holding pattern waiting for
3.1 to be branched and finding new bugs.

> Is the branch functional -though Beta- IPv4-IPv6 ?

Yes its functional. As I put on the branch pages, I'm running it full-time
on my laptop since early June. Others find the ocasional bug appearing as
they try to build and run on other OS than mine.

So far we have tests on:
 Ubuntu - works for me
 Debian - some known problems
 and AS4 - whatever that is, no problems reported since a syntax typo was
fixed a few days ago.

> I got one, but is somewhat
> clumsy based on gethostbyname (plust res_init(..)... So, it works, but is
> not
> the way to follow...
>
> Let me know where I can work... But I'm not either full time or
> professional.

Sure. Your welcome. Most of the logics are what you and Xaun created way
back. All I have done for most of the code is make a class.
The page at http://devel.squid-cache.org/squid3-ipv6/IPAddress.html
covers the API fairly well.

> Heinrik, I'm also interested on ACL lists, when possible.

You have the best timing I have ever seen. :-)
I just now received an email from one of the testers saying he found a
problem in the IPv4 CIDR-ranged ACL. And am not able to spend any time
coding this weekend. I will forwarded an intro email for and Bernhard.
 ( It sounds like an error in either the ACL parser or matchIPAddr() )

My very short outstanding TODO list is all in the branch NOTES-IPv6 file.

Amos