Re: Capture POST information directly from SQUID

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:42:19 -0600

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 10:47 -0700, cabrera48 wrote:

> Is it possible to capture POST raw information from squid without the need of
> a scripting language.

It is possible to hack Squid code (C or C++) to capture traffic, but it
is difficult and your changes are likely to become incompatible with
future Squid versions.

> Currently we are using PHP on top of apache to extract POST data and put it
> in a file. But we want to see if it is possible to do it either from Apache
> or Squid directly skipping the scripting language overhead.

One option is to capture what you need using a custom ICAP server (there
are a few bare bones servers you can modify). The overhead should be
less than with PHP, your server will work with proxies other than Squid,
and will not depend on Squid code changes.

Another option is to add official ICAP-like plugin support to Squid.
This will be the fastest option, but it will require sponsorship or more
development work (than an ICAP server option).

HTH,

Alex.