Re: IPv6 support and Windows

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:25:08 +1200 (NZST)

>> Hi Amos,
>>
>> Not good news here ... :-(
>>
>> We have a problem:
>> You have used getaddrinfo() and freeaddrinfo() functions, but on
>> Windows they are available only starting from Windows XP. This means
>> that your code, even if compiled without IPv6 support, cannot run on
>> Windows 2000.
>>
>> I'm also not sure if getaddrinfo() and freeaddrinfo() functions are
>> available on all systems, someone know something about ?
>
> We have already tested Linux 2.6+ and FreeBSD 4.5+ (4.3 _says_ it has
> them)
> Not sure about Solaris, OS2, or Darwin yet.

I have just imported and properly wrapped the libesmtp getaddrinfo and
supporting implementation from fetchmail 6.3.8.

I have done some simple configure and compile tests here. Its time to pass
it back to you Guido for the win32 test.

I'm kind of expecting another set of errors off these. It's just a matter
of which ones.

Amos