Re: squid-3 ?

From: Guido Serassio <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:47:11 +0200

Hi Alex,

At 06.41 16/08/2007, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> > > Sounds good, thank you.

> > > I think we should release an RC1 snapshot now.
> >
> > I was a bit undecided yesterday. I kind of want to wait a short while to
> > see if large-obj is stable enough, but not enough to speak up.
> >
> > But with strtoll as Guido said, I think its clearly too early for an RC.
> > PRE7 at the end of this week I would agree with if there are no other
> > majors discovered before then.
> >
> > As I see it a PRE is considered 'mostly usable'. But for a full RC I think
> > we should be certain it actually is good quality (for some new definition
> > of good ;-), I suppose).
>
>My understanding is that the unfiled(?) strtoll bug affects only a
>subset of platforms. RC1 can exclude those platforms from the supported
>list.
>
>However, if we indeed are going to have a fix this weekend and can agree
>to move forward to RC1 right after that (if there are no other
>showstoppers), I can live with that. There are probably some things that
>we need to do in preparation for an RC snapshot anyway.
>
>The primary idea behind RC1 is to bring in users who are ignoring PRE
>releases because there were so many PREs. We need more testers than a
>handful of folks running PREs on busy sites.

I agree with your primary idea about RC1, but this will be a "Release
Candidate".
So for me this mean that quality of the code should be very near to
the release quality.

As I know, there is only Microsoft that calls RC the beta releases of
its code .... :-)

I propose to set as planned date for RC1 Wed 23/08.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/