Re: squid-3 ?

From: Guido Serassio <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 00:27:18 +0200

Hi Alex,

At 00.14 18/08/2007, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> > - NetBSD 3.1
> > - OpenBSD 3.8
> > - HP Tru64 5.1
> > - Debian Linux 3.1
> > - Debian Linux 4.0
> > - SGI Irix 6.5.21
> > - Fedora Core 5
> > - Windows (Visual Studio 2005)
> > - Windows (MinGW)
>
>Excellent!
>
>BTW, do you actually have those physical/real machines or are you using
>virtual hosts (e.g., vmware)?

Mixed: Windows, Irix and Tru64 runs on physical machines, while other
x86 systems all virtualized using VMware Server.

> > It will be great if someone could run a build test on Solaris and Mac
> > OS/X before releasing RC1, with a major priority for Solaris.
>
>I do not have access to those, but there are probably vmware images
>around.

In the past I had a Solaris 10 VM, but it was instable, so I have
trashed it. I have tried to rebuild a new Solaris 10 64 bit VM, but
the development environment is still incomplete: Solaris package
management is really defective on the dependencies side .... :-(

I hope to acquire in the next weeks a physical Sun Sparc 64 bit machine.

> > I think that a similar complete test suite should be always executed
> > before a new Squid release because it warrants us about a minimal
> > level of code quality.
>
>That would be nice, especially if we add HTTP-level black box test cases
>into the mix. Orchestrating a good functional testing environment has
>been long on my todo list...

Sure, something like the Samba project virtual build farm.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/