Re: squid-3 ?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:14:30 -0600

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 22:41 +0200, Guido Serassio wrote:
> At 18.50 17/08/2007, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> >On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 17:47 +0200, Guido Serassio wrote:
> >
> > > I propose to set as planned date for RC1 Wed 23/08.
> >
> >I propose to release RC1 when strtoll() bug is fixed, provided no other
> >blockers are found by that time.
>
> Now fixed.
>
> I have just finished with success a complete build test on the
> following systems:
>
> - NetBSD 3.1
> - OpenBSD 3.8
> - HP Tru64 5.1
> - Debian Linux 3.1
> - Debian Linux 4.0
> - SGI Irix 6.5.21
> - Fedora Core 5
> - Windows (Visual Studio 2005)
> - Windows (MinGW)

Excellent!

BTW, do you actually have those physical/real machines or are you using
virtual hosts (e.g., vmware)?

> It will be great if someone could run a build test on Solaris and Mac
> OS/X before releasing RC1, with a major priority for Solaris.

I do not have access to those, but there are probably vmware images
around.

> I think that a similar complete test suite should be always executed
> before a new Squid release because it warrants us about a minimal
> level of code quality.

That would be nice, especially if we add HTTP-level black box test cases
into the mix. Orchestrating a good functional testing environment has
been long on my todo list...

Thank you,

Alex.