Re: Turning ICAP preview on by default

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 22:17:16 +0200

On mån, 2007-09-17 at 11:15 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> ICAP preview is currently off by default in Squid3 squid.conf. Should
> we default to on?

Yes, with only an option to disable the use of preview should there be
some problem with the ICAP server..

> Squid will not preview if the ICAP server does not claim support for
> preview so it may be a good idea to enable this powerful optimization by
> default. What do you think?

Defenitely.

In the Squid-2 patch I think the option only forced the use of preview
even if the ICAP server did not claim support for it, but I may be wrong
on that.. (was very long since, and worked on another Squid ICAP
implementation after that...)