Re: Turning ICAP preview on by default

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:20:49 +0300

Hi all,

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On mån, 2007-09-17 at 11:15 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>
>> ICAP preview is currently off by default in Squid3 squid.conf. Should
>> we default to on?
>
> Yes, with only an option to disable the use of preview should there be
> some problem with the ICAP server..

I believe must be enabled by default. The only reason to have it
disabled is a buggy ICAP server.

> Defenitely.
>
> In the Squid-2 patch I think the option only forced the use of preview
> even if the ICAP server did not claim support for it, but I may be wrong
> on that.. (was very long since, and worked on another Squid ICAP
> implementation after that...)

This option in squid-2 patch has the same meaning, but this is an other
story. ICAP preview in squid-2 did not exists from the beginning,
someone add this feature later, then for a reason stopped working or
sometimes did not worked well, etc ... , so this is why it was disabled
by default.

In squid3 ICAP preview, works and works very well.

Regards,
    Christos