Re: [squid-users] Solaris/OpenSSL/MD5 Issues

From: Randall DuCharme <radio-ad5gb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:42:13 -0500 (EST)

Amos wrote
>> Okay. That looks like another seperate problem than MD5.
>> For some reason you have "-Wl,-R -Wl,/usr/sfw/lib/amd64"
>> twice times at the end of the g++ parameters, that looks to be
>> the problem. Are you manually setting those flags or leaving
>> to the autotools?

> I was setting -L and -R flags in in the LDFLAGS env variable
> during configure since with GCC I often have problems with the
> runtime linker not being able to find libraries and trying to
> use 32 bit libraries when doing a 64 bit build if I don't set
> them. I have removed all -L and -R paths (and I do not set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Solaris) yet I still end up with the duplicate
> linker arguments. I'm off to see if I can figure out how this is
> happening.

Ok this is strange. It looks like it's trying to compile ESI
specific support in yet I've not done --enable-esi. In autoconf.h
"#define ESI 0" is present. I've removed the -Werror flag for now
 so the multiple inclusion warning shouldn't be stopping anything:

ld: warning: file /usr/sfw/lib/amd64/libstdc++.so: attempted multiple inclusion of file
Undefined first referenced
 symbol in file
esiEnableProcessing(HttpReply*) client_side_reply.o
esiProcessStream(clientStreamNode*, ClientHttpRequest*, HttpReply*, StoreIOBuffer) client_side_reply.o
esiStreamRead(clientStreamNode*, ClientHttpRequest*) client_side_reply.o
esiStreamDetach(clientStreamNode*, ClientHttpRequest*) client_side_reply.o
esiStreamStatus(clientStreamNode*, ClientHttpRequest*) client_side_reply.o
ESIParser::Type cache_cf.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ufsdump
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [ufsdump] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/randy/Download/squid-3.0.RC1.patched/src'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/randy/Download/squid-3.0.RC1.patched/src'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

--
Randall D. DuCharme (Radio AD5GB)