Re: VCS for squid3 development?

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 02:12:15 +0100

lör 2007-12-29 klockan 05:24 +1100 skrev Robert Collins:
> Other projects using distributed VCS tools often do not have a dedicated
> development area, preferring to let individuals publish their own
> branches; I had been assuming something like that - but its a good
> question to raise and discuss.

We need both.

Our turnover on contributions is rather long, often with multiple
authors over some years, and not having them collected i a central
repository means a very high risk of the contribution getting lost.

Also many of the contributors do not really have a suitable place where
they can host public access to their repository.

But it's a quite separate problem from the migration of the main
repository.