Re: 'include' directive in squid-2.HEAD

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 11:29:55 +1300

Henrik Nordström wrote:
> tis 2008-01-08 klockan 00:47 +0900 skrev Adrian Chadd:
>
>> My next trick will be breaking up cf.data.pre along the documentation
>> boundary lines and have seperate configuration file chunks for various
>> tasks.
>
> cf.data.pre should be split in one file per directive, using the
> existing scripts.
>
> the default suqid.conf should be just the config part, not the
> documentation. Can be generated from cf.data.pre quite easily. Some
> comments may need to be added for it to make sense but not much.
>
> the documentation should be installed separately.
>
> and yes, having include support is nice. But squid.conf rarely gets that
> big that it makes a big difference.
>
> It's not easy to provide a default split as many things are dependent,
> and having it split by default may cause people to think that it must be
> split along those lines.. personally I always order things quite
> differently with most acls defined next to where they are used, with
> only generic acls elsewhere.

Precisely, the goal I'm vectoring in from is a basic squid.conf
installed as currently done.
And also providing an online community-developed library of relatively
self-complete include files to perform certain common or tricky actions.

Rather than installing any splits in the default install.

Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17 or 3.0STABLE1.