Re: SSLBump

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:36:10 +1300

Henrik Nordström wrote:
> tis 2008-01-08 klockan 16:36 -0700 skrev Alex Rousskov:
>
>> This may be a little too aggressive. I expect AsyncCalls and eCAP to
>> become more-or-less stable by the end of January. On the other hand,
>> perhaps PRE1 does not mean a merge freeze.
>
> PRE means feature complete but there may still be known blockers.

Well, that would mean no release except snapshots until late March
sometime. Is it a fixed definition?

I've always thought of PRE as; existing code stable enough for wide
testing with possible blockers or future features (up to freeze date).
One of the later PRE being set around a roadmapped date of feature-freeze.

RC being feature complete with no known blockers after the freeze date.

The roadmap can work in nicely with PRE releases, to show people what is
present at any point and what can be expected in later PRE or RC.

We have fixed enough roadmap or merges to do 2 PRE's testing for
blockers with just a few new features in relative 'isolation' while
others roadmapped are being stabilized pre-merge. Rather than the
wholesale change-and-bugfest 3.0 had.
Even if the roadmap slips out to 8-week cycles instead of 6-week, the
order is still predictable with scheduled regular releases.

Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17 or 3.0STABLE1.