Re: fixing >4k reply header store reads

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 03:34:56 +0100

ons 2008-01-09 klockan 11:30 +0900 skrev Adrian Chadd:
> You don't need to release the buffer. Whats the difference in having
> a 4k buffer of reply status, headers and body with 300 odd bytes
> of metadata, versus ~4k worth of allocated strings representing the reply
> status and headers? probably 300 bytes.

We are not talking about a 4k buffer, we are talking about an almost
arbitrary amount of data (needs to support at least 64 KB or response
headers, preferably only limited by configuration reply_max_header_siz).
It's not clear to me what buffer size will be used.

If the store buffer size is increased to 64 kb and this is paged in and
used as a backing for the header sting objects then it will stay around
for as long as the reply is, which can be quite some time if it's a
large object. This can be quite a waste when there normally is only some
hundred bytes or so of response headers..