Re: TCP_MISS and NONE/-

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:20:05 +0100

sön 2008-01-13 klockan 04:44 +0100 skrev Bernhard Schmidt:

> Although, why does it say NONE/- instead of printing the server it
> fetched the data from? This is only happening occasionally, the whole
> update looks like this.
>
> 1200195061.914 328 2001:1b10:100:3::1:2 TCP_MISS/200 514 GET http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/debian/dists/testing/Release.gpg - DIRECT/2001:620:0:8:203:baff:fe52:38e6 text/plain
> 1200195062.144 229 2001:1b10:100:3::1:2 TCP_REFRESH_MODIFIED/200 68881 GET http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/debian/dists/testing/Release - NONE/- text/plain
> 1200195064.990 2797 2001:1b10:100:3::1:2 TCP_MISS/200 4945640 GET http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/debian/dists/testing/main/binary-i386/Packages.bz2 - NONE/- text/plain
>
> I can't really see any difference between the first and the third line.
> Can anyone shed some light on when Squid logs NONE/- instead of
> DIRECT/<ipaddress>? I have 20k lines with "TCP/MISS ... NONE" and 16k
> lines with "TCP/MISS ... DIRECT" and I fail to find the difference,
> although for example that Packages.bz2 has always been NONE.

Hmm.. this feels very familiar. We had a similar bug in Squid-2 some
years ago when the forwarding details wasn't properly logged if a
persistent server connection was reused.

Does it make any difference if you set

server_persistent_connections off

in squid.conf?

In either case please file a bug report.

http://www.squid-cache.org/bugs/