Re: bug 1208: internal redirect

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:28:32 +0900

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008, Tsantilas Christos wrote:

> As I can understand the major disagreement has to do with AsyncCalls.
> Squid3 has architecture and AsyncCalls are not change the squid3
> architecture (or change a small part of the architecture) they just
> execute the same thinks with a different way.....

Its not that.

> The true is that I started 3-4 times to write a mail which explains the
> benefits of AsyncCalls using examples but this mail never ends. Again
> today I started writing something but I am too tired to continue....

Again, I'm not knocking the AsyncCalls work. I'd even like to see Squid-2
go through a tidyup similar to AsyncCalls, but probably not until other
areas are first sorted out. To be honest I'd probably create the framework
and use it just for some new code, leaving the old code where it is until
its rewritten/refactored.

So relax, and just keep doing what you're doing. :)

Adrian