Re: integrating husni's ipv6 patch into squid-2

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:56:27 -0700

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 01:49 +0900, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> I think it'd be a good exercise to do something similar to Amos' work, and
> stage the integration of v6 into Squid-2. I suggest starting with the first
> chunk - migrating in_addr and sockaddr_in to sockaddr_storage, and tidying
> up all the code that breaks on that. We can still throw v4 around everywhere,
> but at least its in a future-extensible format. It doesn't have to lead
> immediately to more IPv6 related code, but making the stand that all future
> -2 changes should be (somewhat) v6 ready would be a good move.
>
> Thoughts?

I agree that it would be a good exercise in an academic setting where
students have to learn their way around in C. Judging by other comments,
it would be a good term project.

For all other practical purposes, I think this would be a needless
duplication of efforts because we already have IPv6 support in Squid3
and _that_ needs more work if somebody has spare cycles.

Alex.