Wiki migration plans

From: Kinkie <gkinkie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 15:44:08 +0100

Hi all,
   now that the new graphic layout for the squid wiki has been
finalized, and given that a consensus seems to have been reached to
move the Wiki main site to eu.squid-cache.org, with the perspective of
creating a proper squid-based CDN, I'd like to start planning HOW and
WHEN to do this.

What I'd like to do is setting a cut-off date for final content sync
to the new server, which should be followed by DNS name change for
wiki.squid-cache.org.
One possible course of action would be temporarily bridge the DNS
through a cname for squidwiki.kinkie.it (which I've already set up,
pointing to the current address) so that I may do the migration
myself, otherwise the DNS admin will need to be in sync with me, lest
the wiki be unwrittable for the time between the two operations.

As a first shot at setting a date for the migration, I'm thinking of
Tuesday, Feb 12th 2008, late evening (CET).

Comments? Objections?

--
    /kinkie