Re: a simple formatter

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 12:45:53 -0700

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 21:11 +0200, Tsantilas Christos wrote:
> Also I am evaluating the following:
> http://invisible-island.net/bcpp/bcpp.html
>
> It does not have a lot of configuration parameters but looks safer than
> astyle.
> In the other hand makes a lot of changes in the current code.
> Also it is significant faster than formater.pl/astyle combinations.
>
> I am running it with the following parameters:
> bcpp -bcl -yb -f 1 -ylcnc -i 4 filename.cc
>
> At this time the only bad think I found is:
>
> AConstructor::AConstructor( ...): chld_cnsotr(),chld2 _constr() ...
> {
> }
>
> converts to:
>
> AConstructor::Constructor( ...):
> chld_cnsotr(),
> chld2 _constr()
> {
> }

I do not see that as a blocker. Our current init lists are malformed in
worse ways. If bcpp would indent the data member names, that would be
perfect.

Changes in the current code are only bad for outstanding patches and
forgotten branches, right? If everybody applies the same formatting to
all their branches and HEAD, we should not have many conflicts, right?

Thank you,

Alex.