Re: a simple formatter

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 23:26:52 +0200

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> Changes in the current code are only bad for outstanding patches and
> forgotten branches, right? If everybody applies the same formatting to
> all their branches and HEAD, we should not have many conflicts, right?

I don't know, possibly it is OK.
Or just format the HEAD, merge HEAD to branches (this will take some
hours but...) and then apply formating to the branch. After the first
time all will be OK.

There is another good reason for bcpp, its source code looks better than
the source code of astyle. Looks easier to fix bugs in bcpp....

I will look again on both solutions (formatter.pl/astyle and bcpp) the
next two days. I will post my findings.
It would be OK if someone else looked at it too, just to share our opinions.

Regards,
   Christos