Re: Time for squid 3.0 STABLE2 ?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:04:14 +1300 (NZDT)

> Hi,
>
> What about to release squid 3.0 STABLE2 ?
>
> I think that there are many patches already applied to HEAD-3 that
> could be applied also to SQUID_3_0.
>
> If needed, I could try to contribute in the back port of some patch.

I've been thinking along those lines myself for a while.

Its a question of who does it, and which changesets. Whan I last looked at
it I found a number that I could not confirm whether or not they were
actually applicable to 3.0.

There is also some small task of removing the back-ported changes from the
3-HEAD list of changes-since-3.0.

I have some time now, if you like I can go through and pull up a list of
those changesets I think should go in and the original author say
yay/nay/backport-needed.

Henrik:
   It was suggested I ask you about how-to for editing the changesets.
Seeing as I have stood up for 3.1 maintainer, I think I might get have
some practice on 3.0.

Amos