Re: 3.0.STABLE2 patch candidates

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 01:08:45 +0100

tis 2008-02-26 klockan 13:01 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> Henrik:
> is there something special to do with individual patches not to be
> merged from a group of patches which as a whole are?
> The include directive group which I have just done had 3 in the middle
> which you may recall fixing-removing strtok_r usage.
> For now I have made them a seperate group not-merged and gone straight
> past to your strwordtok fix.

I usually merge groups of related HEAD patches in one single commit on
the STABLE branch. This question gets a lot easier then as it's the
whole patch group that was merged, not the individual incremental
steps.. and this also simplifies release maintenance of the STABLE
branch as there is less patches to read up on when updating changelogs,
release notes etc.