Re: What's in the NT branch

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:51:11 -0700

On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 10:57 +0100, Guido Serassio wrote:

> >On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 21:26 +0100, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> > > Guido,
> > >
> > > what's actually in the NT branch today? Is it only the "makefiles", or
> > > is there any actual source changes which should not be merged to the
> > > main branch?
> > >
> > > If it's only the "makefiles" then I propose those are stored in the main
> > > branch (HEAD and SQUID_3_0) directly
> > >
> > > Looking at a diff...
> > >
> > > port directory tree with "makefiles" [generally OK]
>
> This is very critical on the side of the DOS/Unix
> text format: Visual Studio doesn't work with Unix text files.
> Usually I commit the files on this directory only from Windows machines.

I hope bzr can convert new lines based on the platform like subversion
does. This should free you from warring about text file "formats".
Robert?

> Just discovered another reason to maintain a
> separate 3.0 STABLE NT branch: currently STABLE
> 3.0 doesn't work on Windows, so this the only
> STABLE based branch where to develop and test the needed changes.

I think this is a different issue. If all other problems are resolved,
you can certainly have a branch for Windows work, but it can use the
same source directory layout and files as HEAD, and the changes will be
merged as needed. In other words, it will be similar to other branches
we work on now (e.g., AsyncCalls or SslBump).

Alex.