Re: Time for squid 3.0 STABLE2 ?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:12:24 +1300 (NZDT)

> On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 01:13 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Hm, yes. Henrik, is there a report somewhere that lgroups the merged
>> changesets the same way the maintainer merge.html lists the un-merged
>> and non-merged ones?
>
> There is a merge.html in 2.7 showing what's unique for 2.7 and not merged
> to 2.6.
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/changesets/merge.html
>
> But remember that quite a lot of the 2/3 differences is from before we
> split cvs into changesets.. Better to work from cf.data.pre differences
> I think as most features show up in cf.data.pre..
>
> Most bugfixes have been ported I think, at least outside COSS..

Hmm, this leaves the two of us maintainers with a choice I think Henrik.

As it stands we can call one or the other an up/down and leave things as-is.
I'm minded to call 2.6 a 'down' of 3.0 and 3.0/2.7/2.6 downs of 3.1. I
have not looked closely at the update script to see if thats right though.

But there is an alternative of making a .cross type if we can figure an
easy way to do it.

Amos