bzr actions

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:32:03 +1300 (NZDT)

Robert as the resident bzr expert you may know the answer to this one:

As you are probably aware I recently submitted two patches or the cleanup.
The first was hideous with all the bootstrap'd changes local to my config
an machines.

For the second I managed to produce a clean submission by reverting the
specific set of auto-tools files to the originals when the sub-branch was
creates off TRUNK/HEAD.

I think I can wrap this procedure and the actual submission in a nice
script for the rest of you, but have one hitch with the revert action.

The question is:
  Is there a nice easy way in bzr of retrieving the -r # (of the
ancestor!) when the branch was last 'branched'/updated off its ancestor?
    suitable for a bzr revert -r # ./Makefile.in (and others)

  or of reverting a set of files specifically back to the ancestors version?

In CVS I did this by deleting the files then running update to fetch the
last saved. In bzr that schedules the files for removal on next commit
instead of pulling the ancestors version down again.

Amos