download pages review

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:20:32 -0600

Hello,

    Should we remove Obsolete releases from
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/ which looks scary enough
without them?

Should we remove "Not available yet" groups from
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/HEAD/ to avoid confusion that
Squid3 has no stable releases or that 3.HEAD will eventually have them?

Should we remove the talk about DEVEL, PRE, and STABLE from the first
paragraph at http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/ because that page does
not really use those labels. The paragraphs at the bottom are probably
enough. The usability of those labels is a separate topic; let's not
discuss it now.

Should we remove date columns from the "Development Versions" table at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/ since they are misleading, wrong,
and mostly useless, especially for .HEAD snapshots.

What is the purpose of the "First PRE Release Date" columns at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/ ?

>From usability perspective, we are overloading the user with terms and
yet not using most of them or not using them correctly: x.y, HEAD,
DEVEL, PRE, STABLE, "no label", "daily snapshot" and their combinations,
with start, first, latest, and planned dates on top of that!

Thank you,

Alex.