Re: bzr revert

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:31:31 +0100

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 10:34 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Robert & Henrik,
>
> Some of us have found a knowledge-hole in the bzr revert process.
>
> We can easily reverse a patch using for example:
> bzr revert -r 8902

I prefer using merge.

bzr merge -r 8903..8902

to undo revision 8903.

that way you can undo specific commits rather than turning the whole
history back...

> But then when its fixed we don't know how to undo the undo.

If it's not committed, bzr revert to get the tree back to "head".

It it's committed undo the commit of the revert. Or redo the original
commit.

The big question I guess is how to keep track of what changesets has
been reverted, but for that there is commit logs..