Re: Patch submission

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:23:21 +1300

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 01:45 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> My current version:
>> Cleans the ~N~ files created during merge.
>
> Why? There may be important backups there from earlier reverts run by
> the user..

I found 'bzr revert -r submit: cfgaux/*' failed with an error about each
of the backup files not being tracked unless they were explicitly
removed beforehand.

Removing the ones in src/ etc was gratuitous on my part.

>> Cleans the automake files out of the submitted patch
>
> Ok I think, but complex and not needed if we get rid of those. Also if
> doing this then you need to restore them after submit or the users
> working tree will be a bit messed up..
>
>> Checks the branch status to see if there is un-committed data to be saved.
>
> Good, but I think we should file a bzr bug that bzr send without
> revision specifications should ask for confirmation if there is any
> unsaved data in the tree. (not be included in the bundle).
>
> should probably also refuse to create a submission if the current
> revision and base revision is the same..

good idea.

> both issued filed.
>
>> Generates a patch (if name given)
>
> You should use bzr send -o ... for that please, not diff.
>
>> OR generates a merge request and sends it to squid-dev.
>
> ok.
>
> Generally I'd like to get bzr fixed to behave well for our use rather
> than inventing complex wrappers trying to work around silly things..

Well, apart from the send with unsaved data problem the rest is more a
workflow issue between the easy way to work and the atomic actions bzr
needs.

Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+