Re: Patch submission

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:28:26 +0100

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 01:45 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> My current version:
> Cleans the ~N~ files created during merge.

Why? There may be important backups there from earlier reverts run by
the user..

> Cleans the automake files out of the submitted patch

Ok I think, but complex and not needed if we get rid of those. Also if
doing this then you need to restore them after submit or the users
working tree will be a bit messed up..

> Checks the branch status to see if there is un-committed data to be saved.

Good, but I think we should file a bzr bug that bzr send without
revision specifications should ask for confirmation if there is any
unsaved data in the tree. (not be included in the bundle).

should probably also refuse to create a submission if the current
revision and base revision is the same..

both issued filed.

> Generates a patch (if name given)

You should use bzr send -o ... for that please, not diff.

> OR generates a merge request and sends it to squid-dev.

ok.

Generally I'd like to get bzr fixed to behave well for our use rather
than inventing complex wrappers trying to work around silly things..