Re: monitoring bugzilla changes

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 15:12:47 -0600

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 22:19 +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> ons 2008-04-02 klockan 11:00 -0600 skrev Alex Rousskov:
> > On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 13:04 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> > > I only saw 2288 because it was mentioned in squid-users. Has my
> > > subscribe to the bugzilla notify list gone astray again? I was getting
> > > it for a few days, then nothing.
> >
> > Can we just subscribe squid-dev to bugzilla?
>
> It's squid-bugs which is the bug monitoring list..

Which is, apparently, requires more administration than the project can
currently provide. It should not be that difficult for Amos or other
developers to monitor bugs...

> Posting address squid-bugs@squid-cache.org
>
> Administrative address N/A -- closed list
>
> Purpose This small list is used for reporting bugs to
> Squid developers. When sending a bug report, please
> follow the guidelines from the FAQ. This list is at
> large replaced by our Bug Database.
>
> To subscribe Invitation only

I may be missing something(*), but I think it would be better if
squid-dev was subscribed to bugzilla OR squid-bugs allowed folks to add
and remove themselves (but not post). The former will make discussing
bugs easier, but will move discussion away from bug reports unless there
is some glue to back-post from squid-dev to bugzilla (which has its own
problems). A read-only public list may be a better alternative.

Cheers,

Alex.
P.S. (*) I do not think we need this "invitation only" complexity to
hide security-related bug reports (there should be a different mechanism
for that).