Re: TPROXY support in Squid 3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 15:15:52 +0200

tis 2008-04-08 klockan 17:59 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:
> Currently:
> fde::flags::transparent == 'intercept/non-intercept'
> fde::flags::tproxy == real-transparent/non-transparent
> (new) COMM_TRANSPARENT == real-transparent
>
> Their use is currently good for what they do. A small re-naming is all
> that is needed there. I'm thinking flags::intercept and
> flags::realtransparent.

In the request flags I would use intercepted and spoofclientip, with
intercepted replacing the current transparent flag.

Probably the same in the fde, where tproxy sets both.

fde:
        intercepted This connection was intercepted
        spoofclientip Please mark received requests for spoofing the client ip

request
        intercepted This requequest was received on an intercepted conection,
need to act as if we were the origin server..
        spoofclientip Spoof the outgoing connection using the client ip

It's possible one may want to use spoofing without interception, and the
above opens up for the possibility of marking requests with
spoofclientip even without having to be received on an intercepted
connection.