Re: Squid feature: http uploads archive

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 01:01:39 -0600

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 15:47 +0530, C.S.R.C.Murthy wrote:

> We intend to develop a squid plugin for the purpose of archiving
> http uploads happening through squid proxy server. We think that we
> have to tweak "ClientStreamsAPI" . Am I right?.
>
> May I request the development community to point me to more help.

Personally, I would not recommend using client streams and would use
eCAP or, if compatibility with other proxies is desirable, ICAP.
Depending on your design, the last two options may be accomplished with
pretty much the same code.

More-or-less unbiased comparison of various options, including the three
mentioned above is at
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ContentAdaptation

(message archival is one of the adaptation forms even though the term
does not fit well).

HTH,

Alex.