Re: ESI help

From: Paras Fadte <plfgoa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:00:44 +0530

Hi Alex,

ESI seems to be very buggy which comes by default with squid for
example see my following post which I had sent over a month ago to
which nobody responded.

-------------------------
Hi,

 I have an html page with following ESI code

 <esi:assign name="number" value="100"/>
 <esi:vars>
 This is $(number) On $(HTTP_HOST)
 <esi:choose>
 <esi:when test="$(number)==100">
 And I am in "when"
 </esi:when>
 <esi:otherwise>
 I am in "Otherwise"
 </esi:otherwise>
 </esi:choose>
 </esi:vars>

 The problem that I encounter is that it does'nt seem to execute
 <esi:when test="$(number)==100"> statement correctly since it
evaluates $(number) as a variable whose value is unknown as a result
of which the othewise tag is executed. But strangely it does print
the value of "number" variable in the statement "This is $(number) On
$(HTTP_HOST)" correctly . What could be wrong ?

 Please help and thanks in advance.

 -plf

-Paras