Re: client_side and comm_close

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:34:58 +1200

Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 15:40 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> IMO, This should be queued as part of the 3.1 cleanups, but not as
>> urgently as some other issues.
>>
>> The priorities as I see them now are:
>> - immediately fixable and urgent bugs.
>> - completing the dedicated 3.1 feature list (DEVEL is overdue).
>> - cleanups for fixing more intrusive or design bugs (such as this, and
>> the 407 one).
>> - shakedown for release cycle.
>>
>> We have a few months of shakedown before anything like a good stable.
>> Plenty of time for cleanup not blocking new features.
>
> I estimate that properly cleaning up the client side would delay v3.1
> stable release by 2-3 months unless we suddenly get more experts
> involved. Is that delay acceptable to you? Others?

If we were in a position to start it now, maybe. But we are not I think.

I'm vote is for the timeline above, leaving step-3 as optional, the
descision whether to even start it until step 2 is fully completed.

We may later decide that it is worthwhile or vital, but I don't think
anyone should start in on more major sweeping until we know what all the
fallout from the currently underway set is going to be.