cache independent of query param

From: Christian Seifert <cs5b@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 09:48:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there, I was wondering whether you could point me into the right direction on a little project I am working on.

I'd like to cache web pages independent of query param value. I already have squid configured to cache pages that do have query params. So, a request to www.foo.com/test?q=1 is cached and upon second request to www.foo.com/test?q=1, the entry in the cache is used.

Now, however, Id like to go a step further and cache independent of query param value. Again, a request to www.foo.com/test?q=1 is cached and now upon a second request with the same param, but different value, such as www.foo.com/test?q=2, the entry in the cache should be used.

I realize that this is way off supported functionality (and probably can not be configured)...there are probably tons of negative side effects doing this, but this is all more designed for some very specific research for which I require such functionality.

Since its not supported, I suppose I need to dig into the code and make some changes. Any pointers you can give to me to get started quickly on this?

Many thanks-
Christian

Be a better friend, newshound, and