Re: cache independent of query param

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 00:39:14 +0200

On sön, 2008-05-04 at 09:48 -0700, Christian Seifert wrote:

> Now, however, Id like to go a step further and cache independent of
> query param value. Again, a request to www.foo.com/test?q=1 is cached
> and now upon a second request with the same param, but different
> value, such as www.foo.com/test?q=2, the entry in the cache should be
> used.

There is two ways you can do this

a) If the query parameter is irrelevant then use an url rewriter to
remove the query parameter from the URL (www.foo.com/test), or rewrite
it to a single value (www.foo.com/test?q=1 even if q=X was requested)

b) Alternatively you can use the store url rewriter capability found in
Squid-2.7 which allows you to teach Squid that the URLs are in fact one
and the same even if different, without rewriting the URL as such..

I would guess 'a' is the best match. 'b' is more intended for mitigating
the cache busting effect of distributed CDN networks where the same
content is found on a zillion different hosts with a easily identified
pattern...