Re: Problems with Limecast Server

From: Sven Köhler <skoehler_at_upb.de>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 20:32:21 +0200

>> To Squid the response looks like an headerless HTTP/0.9 response.
>>
>> Old versions of Squid passes such responses as-is, but the latest
>> versions upgrade the seemingly HTTP/0.9 response to the HTTP version of
>> Squid to avoid a number of issues at the HTTP protocol layer.
>
> Old versions = 2.x ?
> latest versions = 3.x ?
>
> Is there some option, to turn off HTTP 0.9 transformation to HTTP 1.0?
> This would already help A LOT in my case.

Just in case:

Is it possible, that there is a bug in the HTTP 0.9 to HTTP 1.x
transformation code?

Of course, using squid with HTTP 0.9 transformation enabled, the client
will receive something in the following format:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK\r\n
Server: Limecast 2.0.0\r\n
\r\n
[mp3stream-data]

So actually, the mp3stream is found and played by my mp3-players. Yet,
mp3 stream has hearable errors in it. Is it possible, that there is
data-loss or that data gets modified somehow?
Is there some transformation of the data taking place during the HTTP
0.9 to HTTP 1.x transformation?

Regards,
   Sven