Re: RFC: changing cachemgr URL

From: Robert Collins <robertc_at_robertcollins.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:19:59 +1000

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 17:05 +0200, Kinkie wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'd like to have everyone's input on the option of moving cachemgr
> from its current "location" to a proper HTTP squid-internal-* prefix.
> This would make the development of cachemgr-related tools much easier.

I think it would be nice for it to be an http resource rather than a
custom protocol; but at the same time I wonder if we want the core to
remain plain text; perhaps something more extensible/flexible would be a
good idea.

Alternatively, making a web service to run on the same machine and
interrogate squid via the current protocol isn't so hard - see
cachemgr.cgi ;P.

-Rob