Re: Squid, events, and file descriptors

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:45:54 +0200

On ons, 2008-06-25 at 12:30 +0100, Bradley Kite wrote:
> I dont know the code that well but if the entry is not in the ipcache,
> then how can idnsCachedLookup return true?

This happens if there is already a pending matching pending DNS lookup.
The idns cache is a cache of pending DNS lookups, not their results
(there is no results yet...). idnsCachedLookup then joins this request
to the already pending lookup.

We should probably add a cachemgr page showing the pending DNS lookups,
their wait time, number of retransmissions etc...