Re: RFC: delayed Logdaemon port merge

From: Robert Collins <robertc_at_robertcollins.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:15:10 +1000

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 08:21 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> 2008/6/25 Guido Serassio <guido.serassio_at_acmeconsulting.it>:
>
> > Please also add the Windows support to the list, still totally broken and
> > still without any usable VCS on Windows .....
>
> There isn't a bzr implementation for Windows? Its just python, isn't it?

There is and it works fine for many windows users. However some using
problematic toolchains like Visual Studio have more needs than just
checking out the code - they need file mangling. And that is very close
to landing now - code is all working its just being tweaked during
review.

> I'd like to see Squid-2 turned into a more sensible VCS but since it
> still builds on Windows (or -should- build at least) I'd really prefer
> there to be a VCS which works there. There are a variety of SVN
> clients to choose from for Windows, standalone and integrated into
> IDEs..

Same goes for bzr, command line, binaries, bzr-tortoise is in beta at
the moment...

> (I was hoping to make Squid-2 Windows development easier with my
> current work, not harder..)

Of course.

-Rob