Re: Announcing branch: cachemgr-refactoring

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 15:59:59 +0800

2008/7/4 Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>:

>> Which side of cachemgr have you been refactoring? cachemgr.cgi,
>> squidclient, or the internal component?
>
> Internal component (CacheManager.h and cache_manager.cc, but also
> touching various other places such as main.cc and changing the module
> initialization structure).
> The eventual aim is to also enable the development of cachemgr.js and
> to make the development of cachemgr.php easier.

Hm, what would the long-term plan for how this should look like?

I've always really disliked where cachemgr ended up - its not really a
cache manager, more like a simple way of getting cache statistics. I
was thinking what would be needed for a more useful web front-end; it
might be more sensible to tidy up the SNMP registration code and
create some AJAX-y ways of gathering those sorts of statistics - ie,
have HTTP and SNMP front-ends for the same data backend.

I might end up doing that in Cacheboy.

Adrian