Re: [MERGE] rename List.h to CbDataList.h

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 12:18:29 +0200

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Henrik Nordstrom
<henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> On tis, 2008-07-08 at 10:52 +0200, Kinkie wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> include/List.h is in my very humble opinion misleadingly named, as it's
>> tied to CBDATA semantics and isn't really suited to be used as a generic
>> container class.
>
> Hmm.. from a quick inspection of List.h I do not get why this is using
> CBDATA in the first place..
>
> Do any of the users expect CBDATA semantics on the list? The class
> itself certainly isn't using CBDATA for anything more than just ease of
> creating a allocation pool... and I don't see why one would expect
> CBDATA semantics from a List.

I have no idea... it's used all over the place, including the
CBDATA_List template structure, which I assume be tied to the CBDATA
semantics..

I recommend this patch be merged anyways because:
- it still meets its goal to make room for a generic List implementation.
- the name change makes it easier to grep the sources to look for
places where it's used to continue the investigation about the
callers.

--
 /kinkie