Re: Environment to build a squid helper

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 23:45:53 +0200

Unfortunately there is only Guido woring on his sparetime (the little he
have) on the Windows port of Squid, which means there is very limited
support for Visual Studio. For some reason using later versions does not
work out well and is why Squid is still using that old and now
end-of-life compiler version. It is unclear to me if that's due to Squid
or oddness of Visual Studio triggered by Squid..

But it should build just fine in MinGW+MSYS. Instructions there should
be the same as for UNIX.

1. Install MinGW + MSYS and the other required tools (perl, awk, maybe
more.. you'll notice whats missing when trying the next step).

2. Start a MSYS shell and do the rest from there

   tar jxf squid-xxx.tar.bz2
   cd squid-xxx
   ./configure ... [with the configure flags you need]
   make

[stop here if you just want one of the helpers.. copy it manually in
such case]

   make install