Re: [MERGE] WCCPv2 Config Cleanup

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 19:30:54 +0800

2008/9/13 Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>:

> This one was easy and isolated, so I went and did it early.
> It's back-compatible, so people don't have to use the new names if they
> like. But its clearer for the newbies until the big cleanup you mention
> below is stable.

Well, the newbies still need to know about the different kinds of
redirection/assignment methods; what would be nice is if it were
mostly autonegotiated per-host per-service group, and if wccp2d could
setup/teardown the GRE tunnels as required.

>> The WCCPv2 stuff works fine (for what it does); it could do with some
>> better documentation but what it really needs is to be broken out from
>> Squid itself and run as a seperate daemon.
>>

> I've been waiting most of a year for your work on that direction in Squid-2
> to be ported over. There does not appear to be any sign of it happening in
> time for 3.1.
> The rest of us are largely concentrating on cleaning other components.

I still haven't done all that much with the WCCPv2 stuff yet. I'll be
breaking out the source code in Cacheboy after I finish the next set
of IPv6 changes; the wccp2d code will then use the config registry
type stuff we've discussed and reuse the core code for comms,
debugging, logging, etc.

Adrian