SourceFormat - HEAD open for features again

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 21:02:56 +1300

Just a HEADs up on whats going in today... (pun intended :).

The major SourceFormat is all thats freezing HEAD.

I've been working on the basic prep and setup for it over the last two
days. It appears the FreeBSD port is astyle is still too old for a
regular maintenance script to keep small whitespace typos from creeping
in. The available ports upgrade is still too old, so not worth upgrading
to a useless version.

Also, Alex is busy and has not yet been able to verify the status of
four large patches he has waiting for merge.

With that info and an eye on re-opening HEAD. I've decided to go ahead
with the main push of the reformat. With two differences to the original
plan:

* I've omitted the files touched by Alexes patches from this run.
   Reformat for them will be done and committed when the patches are
   verified or updated.

* I may run reformats irregularly on trunk manually afterwards, like we
   used to do irregular bootstrap commits when someone forgot to do it in
   a merge.

* It WONT be run automated during maintenance updates on squid-cache
just yet.

This opens up the possibility of doing the format right now to open
HEAD. And reduces somewhat the worry of getting new additions just right
in format for those of you without access (yet) to astyle 1.22.

If you have any worries about merging the newest changes down from
trunk. You should be able to follow this procedure:

1. commit local changes to branch
2. merge up to rev 9275 from trunk in the old format.
3. check and commit the changes to local branch.
4. merge re-format revision change from trunk.
5. check for clashes and revert those files to your local ones

6. MAYBE: If you have astyle 1.22 you can revert any badly clashing
files and reformat yourself the updated version now instead of merging
the reformat down.

7. commit the reformat updates to local branch.
8. check your branches "bzr diff -r submit: " patch and cleanup any
changes that should not be there.

PS:
   Alex anything to report on any of these?
http://www.squid-cache.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=1624&action=edit
http://www.squid-cache.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=1718&action=edit
http://www.squid-cache.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=1603&action=edit
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/project/squid/request/%3C1222298571.8721.395.camel%40pail%3E